For this week of Thanksgiving, I was trying to think of a color palette that had something to do with being grateful. Turns out gratitude is a bit hard to define in a photo, so I turned to grapefruit instead. Grateful…grapefruit…almost the same thing, right?
In this rare case when a thousand words might be worth more than a picture, I’ll share a few words on gratitude. (I’ll try to keep it under a thousand.)
I’m grateful for:
- Grapefruit. It soulds funny, but I really love it this time of year. Plus, when the kids try to eat it with a spoon it becomes the snack that is both sport and entertainment.
- Dirty socks on the floor because my kids are too busy having fun to stop and pick them up.
- That stinkin’ fly in my kitchen, the evidence of Fall weather warm enough for kids to run in and out the backdoor without EVER remembering to close it behind them.
- Plenty of food on the table, and a table big enough to host my family for Thanksgiving.
- My cousin Liz who so faithfully posts a daily bit of gratitude on Facebook the entire month of November. She’s an inspiration to me, even though I’m doing good if I even get one in for Thanksgiving day.
- The fact that we live in a country that decided it was a good idea to take a day out of life and focus on all the beautiful parts of life. We have a lot to be grateful for, and it’s not just that we can have giant citrus fruit fresh on our kitchen counter at the end of November. Is it even grapefuit season? Nevermind, I don’t think I want to know. Just give me a spoon and a bib.